Tinder is one of the top adult dating apps catering to adult dating or hookups. It’s also the most controversial among dating apps. It was first started in 2012 and now it has become a worldwide platform for adult dating with 1.5 billion users per day, according to statistics from DMR. That’s plenty of swipes if you ask me. Let’s check it out!!
Use your Facebook account and accept the terms and conditions, enabling access to your location. Tinder takes in all the information about your profile, age and so on from Facebook.
You then add a main profile pic and 5 secondary ones. Select the age; location range (such as 10 miles or 50 miles from your current location); gender and other details of the partner you are looking to hookup with. You have to then add a bio about yourself or just say a Hi if you wish; select a school, work and connect with Instagram so that your posts get connected to the dating app.
How it Works
After creating your profile and filling in other details, you will be presented with other members using the app. This will be based on your preferences of age, sex and location. But the matches are made mostly based on location specifications, as there is no matching algorithm used.
- You swipe right to like someone or if you are interested in a profile, and swipe left if you don’t.
- If two people swipe right showing that they like each other, a match is created and you can have a one to one chat with the person within the dating app. You can also take back a like any time you wish, but once this is done you will not be able to revisit the person unless you have a paid membership, known as TinderPlus.
- If no match is made, you cannot message the other person. If someone swipes left on your profile, you will not be intimated
- If the other person swipes right at a later time, you will get a notification
- You can search for the person in the match section and start a conversation
- You can also send GIFs in your message, which is a recent feature within the app
- In addition, you can like messages by tapping on a heart in green color appearing beside the message
- It is possible to easily access previous chats
- You can also opt to super like a profile to show extreme interest; boost your profile by using the Tinder Boost. It places your profile right before other profiles for half an hour offering better chances of viewership. However, if you are a free or basic member, you have to pay for the boost.
- It also offers desirability scores for members
- Push notifications let users know when there is increased usage of the app by members, so that your chances of matching are increased
The paid subscription is called TinderPlus and allows you unlimited profile links. The basic subscription allows you to view 200 profiles within 12 hours. You can also use Tinder Passport for browsing profiles of other locations. It is useful for those who have some travel plans and would like to hookup with someone in the travel destination. TinderPlus members get a free boost, which they can use once a month, but they can also buy more boosts.
- Huge data base of potential sex partners
- Easy registration and simple interface
- There is no specific or separate login; if you are logged into Facebook, you can access the app directly using your Facebook login
- The platform is location based, so you can easily find someone locally for a hookup
- There are plenty of options, namely Discovery: you can turn it on or off, allowing new members to view your profile, joining groups with Tinder Social; selecting vibrations.
- There’s no need for niceties as everyone on the app knows what they want. So it’s one quick move from texting to touching.
- Option for connecting with Instagram feed
- Some of the members turn out to be weirdos (Only to be expected in a hookup dating app)
- People are judgmental about you if you use the app (again to be expected, as it is mostly used for finding sexual partners or for a one night stand)
- You will need Facebook accounts to register for the app
- The price varies according to your age, which is rather unconventional (one of the reasons for the controversy)
- You don’t get much information about a potential match, just a tag or a description
Membership and Ratings
Despite the controversies surrounding the app, Tinder has managed to be a complete game changer in the filed of hookup dating apps. It still remains a great site for finding casual sex or a no strings attached relationship. The app comes with a 4 star in Google Play Store, which says it all. You can use it on your Android phone or your iPhone. You can opt for a free membership or a monthly membership offered at $9.99 per month if you are below 29. The price is higher at $19.99 for those who are above 30 years.
Mobile phones have become ubiquitous these days and the Tinder mobile app offers a great means of hooking up with someone locally. You can download the free app within minutes on your mobile and create a profile within minutes.
Many well-known celebrities are now joining the app and it is now becoming more socially acceptable to use it. People are no longer ashamed of using the hookup app. Tinder has managed to turn out to be a complete game changer with more and more men and women gravitating towards the adult dating app.
You can start connecting with other like-minded adults within a matter of minutes, compared to other traditional dating sites. The location-based feature is especially useful as it keeps matching members with a new person.
» Click Here to Visit Tinder.com
« or Back to Home